Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Morning has broken like.......

Way back in late October, I was complaining about how dark it was outside before I had to venture off to work. I missed the days I could look at the bird feeder activity in my yard before hitting the road. Now it just starts getting light here about 6am and by 7am the sunlight hits the feeding section to my yard perfectly. I always wish I could go to work a little late to take advantage of this sun that only stays in this position for about an hour.
The goldfinches and the juncos are always the first to get to my feeders every morning. I love taking photos of goldfinches. Their color and slow demeanor is just screaming to me for a photo.

And of course the many squirrels I get in my yard who all fight over the coconut feeder. I am convinced they come to my yard right at this time because they know they will be bathed in sunlight as they eat their breakfast.
Spring is indeed on the way, despite what the temperature says.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures this morning. Love the chubby squirrel soaking up the sunshine while filling his tummy! Hope you have a good day.

Jayne said...

I know what you mean Kallen. There is this magic moment at the feeders when the sunlight is filtering in, and every shot looks like magic! :c)

Helen said...

Your pictures are great. That squirrel just about fills up that shell LOL. Helen

Ruth said...

I love sunny mornings too. The birds are noticing the light change too and are starting to move on. I am noticing fewer Juncos and Tree Sparrows in the past week.

NCmountainwoman said...

Sunny mornings at the bird feeders are wonderful. Our Goldfinches don't have any yellow yet. But it won't be long.

American Homemaker said...

What fun pictures! All I ever see in my yard are snakes :(

Kelly said...

...fun photos...love that coconut with Squirrel Nutkin!

Anonymous said...

Cute coconut feeder - I've never seen one before! I also watch both the birds & squirrels eat lol.

Anonymous said...

If you see the notice on my birds blog that I will stop that one to work on a new one about Patty and me and our 53 years of marriage, don't fret too much. I will still post photos there but not so regular.

Patty and I are putting more emphasis on the 53 plus years that we have been married and I wanted to announce that to my followers on my major blogs. You will have to stop by and have a look at two young lovers so long ago. Here is a link for you to follow.

Pat and Abe

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Your squirrels love you as much as the birdies do, Kim. I love your pictures of the Goldfinch... I think our Pine Siskins have run so many of our other birds (like Goldfinch) OFF. I cannot wait 'til the Pine Siskins are GONE.

Hope you are having a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Shelley said...

I just love that coconut feeder of yours and seeing the squirrel enjoy it! I know exactly what you mean about watching the birds in the morning light...it's wonderful! Well put!

Anonymous said...

I get the sun rising on the feeders in the morning for about an hour and a half. Then just after noon, another shot for about 2 hours.

Sweet photos!

Dawn Fine said...

Ahh morning sunshine...nothin like it..glad you get some morning time with your birdies

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails