Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Photos They Dont Want you to See!!!

Have you ever seen those magazines at the grocery store at the checkout line? You know the ones I am talking about, the National Enquirer, Star, etc. Every once in a while they will have glamorous stars on the cover of their mags without their makeup on or doing something totally unglamorous like woofing down a cheeseburger with ketchup running down their face.


Allow me to offer some of this to my birding friends. I have a ton of goofy pictures of birds that I normally wouldn't post, but think they are too odd to not share. The first one is Stubby in my brush pile cleaning himself. He had no idea I had the camera pointed at him from my kitchen window.

This Common Grackle flying by at Institute Park today. I LOL'd when I looked at it on my computer. His eyes are crazy!!


Canada Geese and a Mallard bathing at Institute Park


And last but not least, the Tufted Titmouse. What the heck is it doing??? This bird is without a doubt the one bird who kept me entertained the entire winter. Just when I thought I figured this species out, it would do something to throw me off. The wrens are comical in their own right, but the Tufted Titmouse has provided me hours of entertainment this long, never ending winter. I am hoping they will continue with their antics this spring!


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great fun photos tonight. Hope you have a good day.

Leedra said...

What is about the Titmouse that they look at you under the branch they are on? They love to do this.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun

Leedra’s Greeting Cards

Photography By Leedra

Shelley said...

I agree w/ the Titmouse! Mine seem to act like trapeze artists! Lol on your national enquirer photos!!

Helen said...

Those all are cute. That Titmouse is so funny. Thanks for sharing. Helen

Kelly said...

...funny post...and you're right, that Grackle does have some devilish looking eyes going on!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Ha Kim... These are photos you WANT to see... I love the 'different' ones and the ones that make me laugh.. As long as you don't post a nutty picture of me, I'm okay with it... ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Jayne said...

LOL Kallen!

Tina said...

Yes, you are sooo right, the antics of the titmouse will definitely keep one entertained..and not just we humans...I found the visiting cat watched these little guys for many a minute, due to their funny moves!

ShySongbird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShySongbird said...

These photos are all so funny, the one of the Titmouse really had me laughing!

troutbirder said...

Mr. T.T. is knocking some sense into his head. He wants people to take him more seriously.

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for the laugh. I enjoyed the post very much.

Mary said...

LOL! Maybe you should put these on the "odd shots" meme :-) These are certainly goofy...birds can be so funny some times. Love the Titmouse looking back at you from underneath.

Chris said...

A funny post, I guess this happens to all of us, simply because nature is not that easy to take into pictures and especially birds!!

Anonymous said...

Great Grackle shot :)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious, all of them, especially the ducks and geese at their rather awkward toilette!

Larry said...

I think that Common Grackle looks like something out of a scary movie.

Anonymous said...

That tufted titmouse is looking at you. Nice photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails