Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quick Post: Starling on Snow


Okay I am officially out of control!! I have been taking pictures all day and can't stop. The starlings were out of control this morning as always on snowy days and I decided to take a picture of one sitting on the snow contemplating who he could terrorize next. All of the birds are wet today including this one.

I love how the snow acts as the perfect back drop. Someone should have told me photography was addicting before I bought this camera!

8 comments:

Jayne said...

Wow Kallen! These are all so good! So glad you liked the Picasa and glad I am not the only one just discovering it. :c) I love seeing all your many visitors.

Shellmo said...

That Starling does look great against the snow - white background! Glad to see you have joined us other photography bird addicts! The first step is in admitting it....
LOL!!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

As much of a nuisance as they are, they are pretty birds. And yes---the snow does make a nice backdrop.

Hugs,
Bets

ramblingwoods.com said...

Photos are very addicting...There isn't much you can do to keep thistle from spraying all over. I have round trays on mine and that helps keep some of it off the lawn, but it is light and blows. Not sure about the hawk..yellow eyes means a juvie..Problem is a sharpy female can be the size of a smaller coopers male...I am really enjoying all your photos...

Richard said...

Our APA (Addictive Photography Anonymous) group meets daily via our blogs.

Steve B said...

Taking pictures of dark birds in white snow is "good practice". It is a very difficult challenge. Cool.

nina said...

Photography is addicting.
Oops--am I too late?

Kallen305 said...

Nina, I could talk photography all the time so you are never too late for discussion!

Seriously it is a lot of fun and I wouldn't have ever gotten into it if it were not for all of the great and talented bloggers I have met in cyber land.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails