Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Juvenille Bald Eagle still in Millbury

Photo by Edd Cote

I am happy to report that it appears as if the juvenile Bald Eagle is still in the Millbury area as Edd saw it today in the same tree as last time at 11:06 today. He was able to get a couple of shots before it flew off toward Lake Singletary.

Photo by Edd Cote

Not sure if that lake is completely frozen yet, but my guess is most of it is by now, so I will be curious to see if it decides to hang around some, especially near the Blackstone River (the Millbury Bike Path would be most preferred of course)!

Take care all

9 comments:

MaineBirder said...

Kudos to Edd for the great photos!

We have a first year Bald Eagle flying around our frozen cove harassing Gulls. The open water at the upper end keeps enough prey around for the Eagle.

Kelly said...

I hope he hangs around for you! Beautiful photos!!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see this. I hope it will stay in your area.

Chris Petrak said...

What a treat! I can remember when you had to travel to real wilderness to maybe get a distant glimpse of a BAEA - now we can find them practically in our back yard - always a treat and always an impressive bird.

Andy said...

Such a magnificent bird!

FAB said...

Superb. Hope you get many more sightings.

Anonymous said...

Cool shots Ed. In case I don’t have a chance to say it later, Merry Christmas Kim!

Jason said...

This is a great travel blog you have here. I'm a first-time visitor, but I'm very impressed. I have a travel blog myself which I hope to be a top resource for those looking to go on vacation.

I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each out. Please let me know if this is okay.

Jason
ThatVACATIONfeeling.com

Robin Robinson said...

NNNnaaaaaaaiiiiiice flight shots of the juvie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails