Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sunrise at Long Sands Beach-York, Maine

Sunrise pictures taken during my morning runs on Long Sands Beach in York, Maine.
The only problem with sunrise pictures is that you can't sleep late which is something I often do on vacation. Sleeping late for me is 6:30! There would be none of that this vacation as the sunrises were too promising. Plus, its great to run on the beach when there are only a few people and a few dogs there.
A perfect way to start your day.
Various shorebirds and gulls joined me to welcome the first morning sun.
The sun made fabulous colors in small puddles of saltwater that the birds were gathered around.
I finally made it to the end of the 1.5 mile stretch and decided to take a break before I turned around so I could get some more photos.
It was at this point that the sunrise was most vivid.
Soon enough the vivid oranges started to fade to a dusty pink.
Which made nice reflection shots in the water.
I made sure I got out there to run everyday I was there and everyday there was a sunrise.
Take care everyone.

8 comments:

A New England Life said...

There you go Kim ... what a perfect way to spend the week! I would have loved those sunrises. Someday I want to live where I can either see the sunrise or sunset every single day. Is that too much to ask? I don't think so ; )

Glad you had a wonderful time with your mom!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

This is such a breath taking series of photos Kim. I'd love to be there with you.

Chris said...

Hi Kim,
Wow beautiful light on this shot, now you know why it is good to go in the morning because the light is so gorgeous. I love the last pictures on the sand with this nice pink colors! Beautiful. Have a nice week end.

Dan Huber said...

Great pictures - I just love sunrise shots like those
dan

NCmountainwoman said...

Lovely photographs. Nothing better than early morning and coffee at the beach...unless it's sunset and wine at the beach.

eileeninmd said...

Awesome series of photos! the colors and reflections are gorgeous!

FAB said...

Hi Kim. A beautiful series of the sunrise over the water. Best time of the day. FAB

Ginnymo said...

Beautiful photos Kim. I haven't been up that way since the 70's. Love the sun and beach pics.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails