Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Last of my Gull Photos-I Promise

This is the last of my Gull photos, I promise! Picture above is of a Greater Black-backed Gull taken in Biddeford, Maine.
Herring Gull scratching the Sand Fleas I'm sure! ;-)
The ONLY Laughing Gull I saw the entire time I was there. In fact, I was totally bummed out over the lack of diverse gulls I never got to see while there as I was hoping to pick up at least one new one. Looks like I am going to have to wait until winter now.
Love the pose above
Two Herring Gulls taking a drink of water. Who says these birds aren't handsome!
Ring-billed Gull giving me the "eye" as I waded in the water right beside him!
Third Year Herring Gull that I couldn't take my eyes off of.
Check out his striking side profile! Gulls have such pretty eyes if you take the time to look at them.
Love this photo because it gives you a good comparison of his size vs. the Ring-billed Gulls.
Still have a few more photos I will try and post this week. Have been a little busy lately so blogging may be cut down some as I try and catch up with everything. Take care all!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I love your gull photos!! I just don't get to see that many in Cincy, so I appreciate your east coast gulls!

Helen said...

Great shots! Helen

Hilke Breder said...

I loved the shot of the GBBG over the roiling waves! Gulls are endlessly fascinating, so much variation in color even among the common species.

Deborah Godin said...

I'm glad you're giving these sleek handsome birds their due!!

NCmountainwoman said...

I loved all the photographs, but most especially the first one. Just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I love your gull pics. Keep em coming!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails