Monday, September 7, 2009

Back from Maine

Back from Maine so thought I would do a quick post with some of the highlights. Too tired to do much more as traffic coming out of Maine was a total nightmare so am just getting home now. Took over 800 photos so have to go through them.

Saw a few shorebirds but not as many as I would have liked to have. It appears as if quite a few species must have already started to migrate south except for some of the "heartier" birds if you will.
There are still quite a few songbirds including the Eastern Phoebes who usually migrate a little later than other flycatchers. And of course there were plenty of gulls as there always are whenever I venture anywhere near the shore! ;-). Don't worry though folks. I have over 250 photos of these fabulous birds! Just be patient that's all. HA!
We also had plenty of gorgeous sunrises and sunsets as the weather was postcard perfect the entire time I was there.
There were many birds perched on rocks taking advantage of the fabulous weather.
Including hundreds of ducks.
Including this handsome fella.
There were also plenty of gorgeous flowers that are still in full bloom. I took just as many pictures of them as I did of birds!
And most of all there was plenty of wine, good food and best of all family! Now it's back to reality so will post more as I organize it all.

Take care all!

6 comments:

Diane KQ said...

Oh, I think I'd have liked to go along with you! More photos please!

Rich said...

Long weekends are great! Traffic was even the pits in rural Nevada.

Dan Huber said...

Looks like it was a wonderful trip, you have some amazing pictures. I especially love the sunset shot

dan

Deborah Godin said...

Never tire of your photos!! That top one with the bands of seachell colors is wonderful. I think someone should invent a new dance craze called the Seagull Strut.

Chris said...

Hi Kim,
Well this looks like a good trip to me! Enjoying food, family and birding! You got some nice shots of some nice species, but 800 pictures, gosh it is gonna take months for the post-treatment. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

800!! OMG!! Good luck. Looking foward to seeing them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails