Thursday, January 7, 2010

40 Species so far for January


Just a quick post showing the species I have gotten this month thus far as I am participating in the January bird count along with other bloggers. Hoping to get the numbers up some this weekend but will only have Sunday to do so as Saturday I have non birding plans so it will be interesting to see how I do!


Will post again on Sunday as I am taking a mini-blogging break of sorts which I like doing occasionally when I get distracted by other things. :-) Take care all!



Canada Goose
Mute Swan
American Black Duck
Mallard
Hooded Merganser
Common Merganser
Great Blue Heron
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Cooper's Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Peregrine Falcon
Ring-billed Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Rock Pigeon
White-winged Dove
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Blue Jay
American Crow
Black-capped Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Red-breasted Nuthatch
White-breasted Nuthatch
Brown Creeper
Carolina Wren
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Eastern Bluebird
American Robin
Northern Mockingbird
European Starling
Cedar Waxwing
American Tree Sparrow
Song Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Northern Cardinal
Red-winged Blackbird
House Finch
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow

4 comments:

Warren and Lisa Strobel said...

Hope you have a wonderful January, bird-wise and other-wise, despite this deep freeze we are all in!

Lisa and I are doing our own manic "big January," shooting for 100 species this month. We are at 58 and counting... Gets harder as you go along.

Good birding!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Chris Petrak said...

In NE, 40 is a good number - my song bird list is very short. I reached 41, but only because of the coastal trip yesterday with the sea ducks, etc. Birds are sparse this winter. Good luck with the rest of the month - and year.

Chad said...

That's awesome... you are doing way better than me. I only have 15 but I hope to get this up a bit this weekend. My friend reports 90 already!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails